Sunday, January 18, 2015

Your Sunday Squirrel

Sorry for the lack of posts.  I'm set to record another album in February.  With the two albums from last year, I kind of got into a groove with the preparation.  But those albums had 13 and 14 tracks.  This next one is going to have 45 or 46, so I have a lot of tunes to learns and many, many to send out to musicians playing the sessions.  Why so many?  Well, a few years ago, I was listening to Sandinista by the Clash and it made me think that it had a tremendous amount of filler - dub remixes of previous tunes and the like.  I checked to see how many tracks were on it (37) and made it a goal to write more tracks.  Not only that, but more concise tracks.  I know that it seems ridiculous comparing myself to the Clash.  I'm just a nobody, right?  I mean, I have to keep a day job in order to make albums.  I realize that it's a question of quality and not quantity, but I wanted to use Sandinista as a benchmark.  Nobody does double albums anymore.  And why should they?  Well, for me the question is why not?

In any case, here is a squirrel who was hanging out in Denny Park on New Year's Eve Day.  He was pretty friendly.

No comments: