Saturday, December 6, 2014

5. So Gangsta



OK, I don't write love songs.  Or at least I try not to.  So how do I explain this?  Well, all I was trying to do was to make it a character study: an older (but not creepy) guy trying to woo a younger woman with ridiculously outdated urban slang.  That's all.  I had high hopes for this tune, because it's crazy sweet and it's got a fine string quartet arrangement.  I even made a video.  I took all kinds of vintage footage from archive.org and pieced it together.  It was almost as fun to make as it was to record.  You can see it here.  The song's been out for two and a half years and the video has a whopping 250 views, so I guess you can say that those high hopes were thwarted.  Since then, I've learned not to have hopes, high or otherwise.  It's better that way.  I mean, recording is such joy and that's enough.  

No comments: