Sunday, November 11, 2012

Your Sunday Squirrel

I met this fellow yesterday under fairly strange circumstances.  I was walking through Denny Park and I saw this squirrel.  He was leaning against the base of a tree with his face buried in its trunk.  He looked like he was playing hide-and-seek and was counting to 20 or 100 or whatnot.  He didn't move.  I actually thought he was dead, but no, I called him over, he came to life and I gave him a peanut.  He was really hungry.  He just stood there near me and devoured the peanut.  I took lots of pictures and then gave him another peanut.  So I guess he was just dozing against the tree.  It's the first time I've seen a squirrel do that.

Anyhow, speaking of squirrels, there has been a delay in the calendar.  I had a temp job this week compounded by a sudden flood of inspiration in the music department, so there wasn't any time to make squirrels into calendars.  I'll have it done by next weekend.  Promise. 

No comments: