Sunday, November 4, 2012

Your Sunday Squirrel

This is hands-down the best squirrel photo I've taken in many a moon.  I was at Denny Park this week.  I had my camera but no peanuts.  There were tons of squirrels around, so I had to fool them into believing I had something for them.  The early stages of photography didn't go well.  It was the usual problem: quick squirrels, slow camera.  After taking many blurrels and tails and empty patches of ground, I stopped to check what I had.  This fellow was looking at me.  He didn't move.  I took his pictures four times.  This is the best shot of all.  I actually really like the obstructing greenery.  It gives it a more "wild" feel.  Enjoy!

Speaking of Sunday Squirrels, the 2013 calendar will be done by the end of the week.  I have some very hard decisions to make, because I have 16 very fine squirrels but only 12 months.  Rest assured, this fellow will be in it.  Whaddaya think, September?  October?  He looks autumnal.  Anyhow, prepare yourselves for the calendar.  As usual, I will be my best customer, but feel free to buy 10 or more.  They make a wonderful gift.  I know.  I gave them as gifts! 

No comments: