Thursday, July 29, 2010

Two Things That Happened

When I left last night for trivia, this was the scene at 2nd & Blanchard:

It seems that the Crocodile - or more precisely, Via Tribunali - caught fire. It happened around 6:00 last night. I was watching The Simpsons and didn't notice a thing. Yeah, it's kind of tough to distract me when Homer's talking. Anyhow, my guess is that Tribunali's wood-fire oven might have gotten a little frisky. Whatever happened, the fire department was required. But by 6:30 - the time I left - everything seemed under control. It's just that the neighborhood smelled like a fireplace. I walked by this morning and there weren't any signs on the Croc about it being closed or whatnot. So I guess we can put this temporary unpleasantness behind us. So that's the first thing.

The second thing is that we won trivia at the Kangaroo & Kiwi last night. In the last five months, we've played four times - and we've won every time. We're careful not to play too often and incur everyone's hatred. But golly, it's a fun quiz. I recommend that everyone experience it. Hey, if we can win it, anybody can.

No comments: