Sunday, October 28, 2012

Your Sunday Squirrel

OK, I'm really, totally back - even though I still haven't gotten to the most dramatic part of my trip.  However, there are many squirrels in Denny Park and here is one of them.  It's not that he's so good at blending in with trees, it's just that digital cameras tend to merge colors.  This nice squirrel is actually much more gray than he appears, while the tree is predominantly brown.  Factor in the background sunlight and everything gets darker.  I really know my camera well.  And I kind of hate it, too, because it's way too slow to photograph squirrels.  Every shot I've gotten thus far has been pure luck.  And honestly, for each one good shot there have been 10-15 dogs - not actual woof-woof dogs, but bad shots.  Anyhow, this is a relatively good picture that I took recently nearby.  This fellow wasn't very friendly, but he was kind enough to stay relatively still while I took his picture.  Notice how his back foot is turned all the way around.  Freaky! 

No comments: