Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just a Suggestion

OK, this is just from a meddling foreigner, but I've got problem with Ukraine's national motto: Shche ne vmerla Ukraina.  Know what that means?  Literally, "Ukraine's not dead."  I have something better.  You see it around town all the time and it could easily replace the current bit of bleakness.  Here it is:

There you go!  It means "shoe repair."  It can easily be incorporated into the national anthem and it will surely turn the people's minds away from Ukraine and deadness to more important things like the care and maintenance of their footwear. 

I was actually planning to range around town and take a pıcture of many, many shoe repair signs, but I decided to drink beer instead.  I stick by my decision because all these former Austro-Hungarian cities make very tasty suds. 

No comments: