Sunday, September 21, 2014

Bye Bye, Dean Transmission

OK, I knew that Dean Transmission was moving from 4th & Blanchard to 7th & Battery.  I just didn't expect them to demolish the building practically around their ears.  I expected them to move, for a few months to go by, for the building to become a graffiti magnet, then demolition.  No indeed.  It happened very quickly.  I took the photo above on Thursday.  There's a crane doing all the destruction.  It was quite something to behold.
By Friday, almost everything had been leveled.  And now they're going to building some kind of 30-story building; rumor has it that it's going to be a hotel/condo blend.  Well, good luck to them.  I hope it's not too ugly.  As for Dean Transmission, I wish them the best.  Back when I had a car, they were my repair place.  They always did a great job, plus they're really nice guys.  And they didn't charge me a huge amount for fairly extensive repairs.

No comments: