Sunday, June 15, 2014

Your Sunday Squirrel

There are certain times when my focus-bot's incompetence actually results in a good picture.  This is one of those rare instances.  This fellow is just whirling around like squirrels do and I caught him at the right moment.  His tail makes a pretty sweet vortex.  But this isn't nearly enough.  Here's a guy with an itch:
Because squirrels nest, they attract fleas, so they itch a lot.  Also, under the right conditions, they can carry bubonic plague.  I heard that they tested some squirrels in Oakland a few years ago and one of them had the plague.  Wow, tough luck, Mr. Squirrel!  
Oh, and speaking of rodents, we had Father's Day festivities over at my sister's place today and I got to catch up with their guinea pig, Rigby.  I pig-sat him last November and he was a very pleasant charge.  He was totally nuts about parsley, I tell you what.  Anyhow, he's doing quite well and was even a bit frisky, which isn't super-common in guinea pigs.

No comments: