Sunday, June 15, 2014

One of My Neighbors Did Not Like Race for the Cure


First off, thanks for the heads-up about this from a reader.  Wow, somebody actually reads this crappy blog.  Hallelujah!  Anyhow, it seems that somebody really hated all the noise they were making during the Race for the Cure.  In her defense, they did start screaming "Woo!" at 8:00 on a Sunday morning.  And this incident did happen at around 9:30, so she put up with it for quite a while.  Me, I had already been up for a long time, but I can sympathize.  But her mistake was tossing a bag of garbage on the crowd.  The article notes that it was predominantly kitty litter, some frozen chicken and at least one bottle.  She hit a few people and missed even more by just this much.  And for that she's got popped for felony assault.  Ouch!  OK, so the charges got knocked down to reckless endangerment, but that's a pretty serious initial collar.  Now, I've been roused at all hours by various noises caused by very stupid people.  In fact, last Saturday at midnight some dumbass parked his self-propelled stereo in front of my building, opened all the doors and cranked the volume.  Why?  Who the hell knows?  I tried shouting from the window for them to turn down the damn volume but it was just too loud.  Fortunately, once I got my shoes on to go down there and instruct them in the error of their ways, they left.  That didn't make me happy, but I wouldn't toss garbage on them.

I'm not one of these people who says, "Well, if you want your rest, move to the burbs."  Most Sundays and most of the week, Belltown is peaceful and very sedate.  After all, this is Seattle.  It's a sleepy town.  It's too bad this rather comical incident happened.  But when you feel powerless, weird stuff happens.  

No comments: