Sunday, May 25, 2014

Your Sunday Squirrel

This last week was kind of rough.  At work, we're sending lots of people up to Alaska.  I get to call and tell them their flight itineraries.  I ended up calling around 250 people.  Most people are fine, many are even gracious and thankful that I'm calling to explain their travel plans.  Some are not fine at all.  I have people hang up on me, people pretend that they can't speak English, people pretending not to be themselves, people with terrible phone manners and people who genuinely can't speak English.  There was even a guy who went all psycho and swore at me for half a minute before I could get him to stop.  Next week, I get to do more of the same.  But the best thing about it is that I get to set up in one of the company's conference rooms.  It has a great panoramic view of Elliott Bay and you can also see my apartment.  I'll be done with all the calls by next week and I can't wait to not talk on the phone for a long time.  But I'll miss the view.

Above is a squirrel that I hope I haven't posted yet.  He was obviously out digging and I managed to get him reasonably in focus for the two seconds that he stood still.  

No comments: