Sunday, September 25, 2011

Breezy!

You know, it's with a certain amount of sadness that I bid goodbye to summer. True, it got off to a lousy start. June was depressing and most of July was a complete write-off. For once, August was the star of the summer show. That doesn't happen very often. But now, it seems that it's just about time to bid farewell to my shorts. Don't worry, I'll be wearing pants. That's still a few days away, though. Although the semi-sweltering weather is over, I hope we can look forward to more blustery days like today. If I recall correctly, last November was storm-city. It was as close as this lousy town gets to real weather. I hope that's the case this year, too. I much prefer heavier weather to gray and drizzle.

Anyhow, I was strolling by the McGuire today and notice that some of their netting had come loose and was flapping in the breeze. This was the scene:

OK, I'm not the most observant person in the world, but I swear to God that the place has gotten shorter by about two stories. Well, so much for my picture-a-day of the McGuire shrinking down to nothingness.

No comments: