Sunday, August 21, 2011

Igor Gets Reviewed!


News flash! Somebody likes my album! And he lives in Portland. You know, my friend Jim and I have been trying our damnedest to generate interest in this silly town for this album, which is about this silly town and we're running into what I call the "Seattle Syndrome." Either people aren't interested or they're interested just to a point and no further. But no one will tell you anything. They simply won't return calls or emails. It's kind of frustrating. I mean, I'm sending copies to people who make a living from writing things about Seattle. This is a thing about Seattle. And as far as I know, nobody's done something like this before. So far, it's been a struggle. But things are looking up. There's this review from the East Portland Blog (where I saw that great Nabokov footage). He drops the g-bomb in the first sentence and although I'm flattered, I tell you that it is completely untrue. It's kind of ironic that the first person to review it comes from Portland, but Seattle, you had your chance. Like I said, things are looking up. I got interviewed by Pacific Publications last week. It should be appearing this coming week. They publish all these community newspapers in the area. Heck, they used to be right here in Belltown. But that spot is now occupied by the Moda.

OK, so pardon my frustration at the lack of attention. I'm sure these things will take time. We're trying very hard to get airplay. It's a pop album. Once again, getting people to listen to it is an immense challenge. Still, it's something that I'm very proud of and I'm not going to let myself be discouraged by the Seattle Syndrome. It's nothing personal; it's just the way many folks in this town operate.

And should you want your very own copy, go here.

No comments: