Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It Begins


Well, if you were wondering what the heck was going on at the McGuire, here's the scoop: it's being gutted to prepare for demolition. How exciting! As I've discussed here in the past, I'm almost positive that there won't be an implosion, but instead just a slow dismantling that will eventually bring the building down. Me, I'm planning on documenting it day-by-day once it gets started in earnest. For the moment, they only appear to be working on the area under the parking garage. Here are a few pictures that only partially tell the tale:


Anyhow, it's beginning, but it hasn't become interesting yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, back to the hideous Belltown I'd come to expect. Another squirrel and I'd have to withdraw my expensive subscription. On with the Deathwatch!