Sunday, June 7, 2015

Your Sunday Squirrel

Whenever I'm on the verge of running out of squirrel photos, I drop by Denny Park and the squirrels are there en masse.  Yesterday morning was no exception.  The picture above is one of the finest all year.  It has great lighting, an action pose, a quizzical squirrel-expression and it's almost totally in focus.  The camera always tends to focus on the largest object in the frame.  In this case, it's the tree.  But the squirrel is so close to it that he's in focus by default.  Hooray for completely random shots!  He could well have moved at that precise second and - bluuuuuur!  But no, thanks squirrel!  I took a lot of pictures of this fellow.  I'll be featuring him in the next few Sunday Squirrels - if I don't get even better shots in the meantime.

No comments: