Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Dream Is Over!

Last year about this time, I found out that the gem-sorting concern across the street was closing down and in its place would be recording studios/rehearsal rooms/cafe all under one roof.  It was fantastic news.  I mean, I imagined that there was a real possibility that I could record my next album wearing my pajamas.  It was a sweet prospect.  Don't get me wrong, I truly love the studios I've recorded at, but having one directly across the street was something else entirely.

Work started soon after I heard the news and continued steadily until the first of the year when it mysteriously stopped.  They went so far as to build something that looks like a box office and then ceased everything.  I had no idea what was happening.  Well, whatever it was, it isn't anymore.  Observe:
 Yep, the dream is over.  No recording studio complex across the street.  Drat.  That would have been so cool.

No comments: