Friday, November 28, 2014

15. Last Words



I wanted to do something a bit different with this tune.  OK, so there's no singing.  I just wanted to catalog the last words of famous people.  First off, many of them cannot be verified, but we would like to believe that the great among us can recognize their own mortality and put it into words that would give us some insight into our own lives.  I chose the quotes that required no context and seemed to either highlight a person's bitterness (Edith Piaf), resignation (Edvard Grieg), humanity (Johannes Brahms), disbelief in mortality (Lee Harvey Oswald) or unique miscellaneous/mundane sentiment (Ataturk).  When I played for my backup singers, they misted up somewhat.  I even made a video.  You can watch it here.  I envisioned this being something viral - not super-sensational, just a few thousand hits.  As usual, I was wrong.  And so ends album number three.              

No comments: