Monday, November 10, 2014

1. This Life



This is the beginning of album three.  It's from 2013.  Like all the others, it was a blast to record.  Also like the others, the pervading struggle was to come up with unique subject matter.  This particular tune is about death.  Maybe it's not all that unique, but the message is that being alive is probably better than being dead.  Having never been dead before, I can't say for sure.  I'm just guessing.  But although it's impossible to appreciate being alive much of the time, it's important to realize what it means to be alive at least some of the time.  That's all.  And yes, I did have a friend pass away just like in the song, but he was 33, not 31 and though he had a son, he wasn't married.  I used some artistic license here.  He's been gone for two and a half years and I still miss him.  He was a great guy.  

No comments: