Sunday, July 27, 2014

Your Sunday Squirrel

Sorry for the lack of blogging.  My aunt passed away and I went to the funeral in Idaho.  Believe it or not, at the time it was actually hotter here than there.  Sure, she was 85; she lived a long, full life, but I still really miss her.  Anyhow, I was out of action for most of the week and I'm in the midst of getting ready to record next week.  So yeah, I had something of a crisis when I got back.  I had to record a scad of scratch vocals for my engineer and I was a little unsure of how to treat the tunes.  Plus, I was changing lyrics on every tune.  The good news is that I've finally gotten a handle on everything.  I spent all of today printing out brass parts and singing a bunch of tunes really well.

OK, so yesterday I ran into this fellow at Denny Park.  He was really hungry.  He was also acting kind of woozy.  I hope the four peanuts I gave him helped.  We parted ways and while I was headed back to my place, I saw a squirrel at 4th & Blanchard, right by the Darth Vader building.  It was a bit alarming to see a squirrel that far away from Denny Park.  I hope he made it back to his home tree OK.

Ah yes, I also witnessed the Torchlight Parade last night.  I have pictures.  I hope to post them soon.  I've really fallen asleep at the switch when it comes to parades.  I still haven't posted anything from the Edmonds 4th of July Parade.  I swear I will.  Anyways, there will soon be parades on this blog.

No comments: