Sunday, January 19, 2014

Your Sunday Squirrel

Wow, it's been quite a while since I posted.  I guess I kind of got caught up in all the holidays doings and happenings.  Yeah, that must've been it.  The good news is that I haven't abandoned my blog.  The other good news is that I've been visiting Denny Park a lot in the mornings.  Lots of squirrels are usually around doing squirrel things.  Last Tuesday, I think I saw eight.  This week's featured squirrel is the same guy in both photos, first in handsome profile and then as a blurrel. 
I just have to say that I had a really bad feeling about today's game.  I didn't want to watch it at all.  I thought that the Whiskey Bar across the street would be having none of it, but not only were they showing it, but they had built a big screen for it.  Then I figured the Two Bells would not want to feature the madness.  After all, they're the traditional refuseniks.  No indeed, they showed it, too.  But I decided to settle in on the other side away from the TV and drink beer.  That worked out fine; the crowd was surprisingly sedate.  The first half was pretty grim and I left after it was over.  Back at my place, I occasionally heard my neighbors shouting, which meant that things were getting better for the Seahawks.  I finally caved and tuned in just in time to see the interception in the end zone.  I shouldn't have doubted them.  It turned out to be a great game, despite the dreadful first half.  So that's the story of how I avoided watching the game.  I will certainly watch the Super Bowl, because why not? 

No comments: