Sunday, October 6, 2013

Your Sunday Squirrel

I ran into this fellow yesterday morning before heading out to my parents' place where I saw exactly zero squirrels.  When I was house-sitting for them, I also saw zero squirrels.  Maybe something's up; maybe it's not.  I didn't think to ask whether they'd had the squirrels "taken care of."  I mean, they have a special guy who comes around and traps moles.  My mom gets annoyed at the squirrels because they get into the bird feeders.  But honestly, the birds aren't starving.  In fact, I think the local finches and sparrows are getting pretty fat.  Squirrels just like to game the system.  Put out food and they'll find a way to get at it.  And despite various claims, there's no such thing as a squirrel-proof feeder.  Anyhow, I'm just assuming that the squirrels at my parents' house are merely preparing for winter and watching lots of football and they haven't been offed by some squirrel assassin.    

No comments: