Sunday, July 7, 2013

July Fourth: Evening

As usual, I went to my aunt's boat on Lake Union to watch the fireworks.  My iPhone took dismally bad pictures of the whole display which was nothing to write home about in the first place.  There where no smiley faces, no cowboy hats and a limited number of Saturns.  Boo!  This is the best picture I took:
Yeah, I know, yawn.  But there was a lot of excitement pre-display, as a boat storage place caught fire.  Observe:
OK, that's kind of a lousy photo, too, but it was quite dramatic.  The blaze apparently caused $1.5 million in damage.  If one of your boats went up, I'm very sorry.  Because of the fire, the street was closed, so once we made it to the car, it took all of about ten minutes to make it back to Belltown.

And that was the Fourth.    

No comments: