Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Torchlight Parade

Argh. You know, every year I look forward to this. And nearly every year, it's spectacular and wonderful. Not this year. Due to some major pacing problems, it really sucked. I mean, the first guys (the SPD motorcycle drill team) came through and everything stopped - for nearly 20 minutes. Then everybody lurched forward and stopped again - for 15 minutes. It got so dull that I went to the Rite Aid and bought some wine without missing a single thing. Even when it got underway, there were still some weird stoppages. I was holding out for the dragon. OK, there were some good balloons: And the Leavenworth float was nice (note the lederhosen): As was the float from Sequim: Finally, after an hour and a half (most of which was spent waiting for stuff to happen), the dragon showed up: And then I left. From the sound of it, the parade went on for at least another hour. But honestly, in all my years of watching (and marching in) the parade, this was the worst. If you saw it, you know what I mean.

No comments: