Monday, January 1, 2018

This Is What I Did on New Year's Day

I work as a contractor for WSDOT on the 520 Bridge.  The ironic thing is that I've only been across the bridge once.  Oh, the irony!  Well, word got around that the pedestrian/bike path was opening.  There was going to be this big ceremony for it on December 20th, but due to the train derailment, it was canceled and the path was opened without ceremony.  I thought it was a golden opportunity to cross the bridge again - this time on foot.  And that's just what we did.  Sure, there were all these bikes zooming all around, but we reached Medina and then turned around.  It was a great way to spend New Year's Day. 
Sweet Becko was there, too.  Her new Doc Martens boots gave her a pair of blisters.  They were a gift from me, so you're welcome. 

No comments: