Sunday, January 21, 2018

New/Old Place

Remember Marco's Supper Club?  It was at 1st & Wall for years and years.  I only had the chance to go once or twice owing to extreme poverty, but it was pretty excellent.  Well, that eventually closed and in its stead, the Lamplighter opened up.  I only went there for drinks twice, because...well, just because.  I can't tell you whether it was good or bad, but it did have a nice atmosphere.  Well, that's gone and now it's the Jerk Shack.  I don't think it means that only jerks eat or work there - I sure hope not - but rather it's the Caribbean style of meat preparation.  Apparently, it's still run by the Lamplighter people; just that the concept has changed from lighting lamps to Caribbean spices.  It looks worth a try.  Of course, it's pretty meat-centric, but as you can see, there are some veggie dishes, too.  Also, it appears that their happy hour is worth a perusal.  So there. 
Good luck, guys.  I'll be visiting soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was called Innkeeper, not Lamplighter.