Sunday, July 9, 2017

The Fourth

Well, once again I ventured up to Edmonds to take in all the Fourth of July pageantry.  It's a tradition, so I find myself traditionally disappointed by the end.  This year was no exception.  They did have a few people-dressed-as-animals.  Above is a panda...
This guy's a raccoon...
And then, there's a zebra.  And that's all you get.  But there were other features worthy of note.
Here are the Star Wars nerds.  Yoda voice: A lot of fat jedi, there were.  Vader also tubby, he was.
And there was also the Lynnwood band.  They play most every year and I always note that they are a band that absolutely doesn't march.  Well, times have changed.  They have outgrown their flatbed, so some of them must march.  It doesn't affect their sound.  They haven't gotten any better - or worse.  I guess it's only a matter of time till either they all march or somebody builds a second tier and the flatbed turns into a double-decker bandstand.  Anything is possible!

There was more stuff in the parade, but I've documented so much of it in the past.  As far as the quality, this year was quite average.  There's a new-ish parade announcer and he's pretty good.  So now I have no reason to go to Edmonds until next year.

No comments: