Sunday, September 4, 2016

So August Happened...

Well, it was an eventful month of summer-ness.  I recorded two albums at Studio Litho, which was a lot of fun.  I played drums on both efforts and the results are pretty solid.  The set above is the house Rogers kit, which I absolutely loved.  It had some fantastic sound and a wonderful feel to it.  The good news is that I like both albums very much.  The bad news is that I'm now broke.  The worse news is that I'm working on another three (possibly four) albums for next year.  It's a pretty well-known fact that nobody listens to my music, so there isn't much chance of I can finance these with sales.  And it's also pretty widely known that I don't play live.  I have a choice of where to spend my money: either on recording or on hiring and rehearsing a band to play live.  I always choose recording.  Sure I could form a band via Craigslist and start that way, but after working with some of the finest musicians in town over the course of nine albums, I'm afraid that would be a step back.  I write a lot of music, so it's important for me to record and then move on.  Somebody might like it someday.  That's pretty much all we can hope for.

Anyhow, the first album will be out early next month, while the second one won't be released till late January.  By that time, I'll probably be ready to record another pair of albums.  The next two will be electronic, because that's the best course of action for a broke person like myself.  And no, I don't ever consider Kickstarter.  There's something completely creepy about asking strangers for money, especially for songs that are so, y'know, gleefully misanthropic.      

No comments: