Sunday, February 19, 2012

Your Sunday Squirrel


OK, so the record is done. I'm just recovering now. I had this idea that I would do all these posts about what it was like to make an album, but nothing came of it. The thing is that visually, making a recording just isn't that compelling. Sure, there are lots of photos of the Beatles in the studio, but they generally look exhausted, haggard and cranky. Those shots don't really lend any insight to the process. Any pictures I could offer would only show me singing in the booth and honestly, how entertaining is that? "Here I am singing TGV" or "This is me doing backing vocals for Mammoths and Ma$todons." You know what? They're the same dang shot! So there's no evidence of the session, except for some video that the trombone players shot for a few of the backing vocals everybody recorded. That was from the big session on Feb. 9th. It was all good, (mostly) clean fun at Avast Recording. This was, yet again, a wonderful experience and I'm quite satisfied with the end product. Like Greater Seattle, it's not completely perfect, but the songs are better. It will be out probably in April. After that, I'll send it to every indie radio station in this great land. And none of them will play it. That is the way of things.

Anyhow, here is this week's squirrel. He is watching a dog off in the distance. The dog was not interested in him, so quite soon after I took this picture, he was happily eating his peanut. Well, that's it for this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You're really onto something here. Looks like a picture of 'rolling of the rock'. More! More!!

As far as your recording goes, just let me know when I can buy it online and I'll be at the ready.