Sunday, February 12, 2012

Your Sunday Squirrel


OK, so I recorded an album this week. Yeah, a whole album. God knows when it'll be out. If the sales of Greater Seattle are any indication of how this one will do, it won't especially matter. All I can tell you is that it's got better tunes. Oh, and it doesn't have a concept, so it's just songs. I plan other concept albums in the future, but none of them will be about Seattle. That subject is, as they say, a dry socket. But I feel really good about this effort.

Anyhow, here is a squirrel from last week. He didn't have a dramatic head wound. He was just a squirrel who did squirrel-things, like hanging upside down and eating a peanut.

OK, so yesterday I was coming back from Lake Union via Denny Park and I saw a squirrel, gave him a peanut and went for my camera. I turned it on and...nothing. I had left the battery at home. But he was in such an iconic squirrel-pose that I had to whip out my cell phone and get a shot. When he was done with the first peanut, I gave him a second and he hopped atop another rock. What are the odds of that? So there you have it; same squirrel, different rock. Please excuse the zoom-blurriness from my crappy cell camera. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The squirrels, they keep a-comin'. And no one can stop them.

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable (almost). What shots! With your artistic eye, the quality of the camera doesn't make that much difference. Keep on a'snappin.

TripTrumpet said...

Congrats on the new album. It'll be interesting to hear it.