Sunday, March 27, 2011

Your Sunday Squirrel


Here's a photo from just this week. The Denny Park squirrels were enjoying the sun and I happened by. I took about two dozen photos, but only three turned out good. This is one of them. Let's face it, squirrels are just too twitchy for my sluggish camera. That's why you see a lot of them nibbling on peanuts, as that's the only time they hold still for my languid Sony Cyber-shot. I was there today, but squirrels were few. I did, however, get a good candid crow shot. And here it is:

The bust is of some dearly departed clergyman (I can never remember his name) who croaked in the forties or some such. He was beloved by all - even, apparently, by crows. As in life, his head made a comfortable perch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg ... what a combo!!! From well fed squirrel to a crow sucking up brain power from a statue. Who says humans are king of the species? Not.