Sunday, July 15, 2018

De-Construction!

Well, I was just walking by the building on the other side of 2nd & Blanchard and I saw actual daylight coming through the back, which is unusual. 
I went around to the alley and this is what's going on.  Yeah, real-live heavy equipment and everything. 
This is the place that once had Wally's (now in my building), which then, after a fashion, became the Bear and Bee.  The upstairs became The Upstairs and Pintxo was the other storefront.  Well, everything's gone now, and rumor has it that it's going to be a dentist's office.  I'm finding that a little hard to believe.  The whole building?  Something else has to be going on.  It would be really nice to put in a pair of capable restaurants in the storefront spaces.  The Bear and Bee made very nice sandwiches and was a much-needed lunch spot in this crummy neighborhood.  Pintxo was a bit more of a hard-sell, because it had a very small kitchen.  They're in a much better spot now on 4th.  I've been there and it was good.  Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this building not being entirely a dentist's office. 

No comments: