Sunday, May 1, 2016

Belltown Casualties!

 
Like I've always said, this is not the place for breaking news.  And also, I'm not very observant.  But some things are impossible to overlook.  In the past few weeks, two fairly prominent places have closed: Branzino at 2nd & Wall and Spitfire Grill at 4th & Bell.  You'll recall that the Spitfire was in the old Sit and Spin location.  Ah yes, that was quite a venue, but it, too, went out of business - and rather quickly, too.  I think that the Spitfire lasted much longer, but does it really matter?  I never went there.  I really genuinely prefer Buckley's.  It's a sports bar where people who aren't the least bit interested in watching sports can go, except at certain days and times during football season, which is completely understandable.  So Branzino always had a good-looking menu, but I never went there either.  They were a bit out of my price range, meaning that if I had to save up to go to a place, it would generally turn out to be Shiro's.  So that's that.  The rising tide does not float all boats.  Sorry guys, I guess that's showbiz.

No comments: