Tuesday, February 3, 2015

16. U District



Let's see, where were we...?  OK, I'm sorry this has taken so long to conclude.  I'm getting ready to record a new album next week and it's a pretty overwhelming task.  All the more since it's a double with 45+ tracks on it.  The long and short is that I have to learn 33 of my own tunes.  No, I don't learn them as I go along.  Basically, I finish a tune, forget about it and move on.  I only revive it when I'm planning on recording it.  Of course, Greater Seattle was a completely different venture.  I wrote every tune for this album in a very short amount of time.  The biggest challenge was to find something to say about any given part of the city.  The U District wasn't that difficult.  I was already working with this seventies feel, so everything else kind of fell into place.  I'm not saying that the subject matter is intellectually advanced or anything, but it does suit the feel of the song.    

No comments: